Saturday, October 16, 2010

"My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers

I don't read "My Utmost..." by Chambers every day.

I don't do anything every day except the things regulated by my sub-conscious brain, but that is a post for another day!

 However, I did read it today. We are heading out today for the start of another three weeks of meetings, and I was very encouraged by it! October 16 is titled "The Key to the Masters orders" and Matthew 9:38 is the verse in focus. I especially love the final few sentences.

"No Christian has a special work to do. A Christian is called to be Jesus Christ's own, one who is not above his master, one who does not dictate to Jesus Christ what he intends to do. Our Lord calls us to no special work: He Calls to Himself. 'Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest,' and He will engineer the circumstances and thrust you out."

Here's to being thrust out!!

1 comment:

Vicki McC said...

thanks for making me feel better. I read "MUFHH" 2 days, leave it for 3, pick it up again for a day, leave it for a week...It definitely is worth reading every day, though!

Praying for you and your family!