Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday Studies

I am currently starting a new self study, and thought Sunday would be a good day to share what I have learned!

We named our first daughter Olivia after the olive tree which symbolizes peace. She truly is a peace bringer, as well as a peace maker. The only exceptions being her brothers... sometimes!

Getting to the point!

There is a passage of scripture that always makes me smile inside. I know I will be looked at as weird because it is quite allegorical (which I usually don't even get!), but also because no one will get how I jump from this passage, to my particular place of study. Really, it is a series of small, understandable steps! OK here is the passage!

Judges 9:8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
:9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
:10 And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, and reign over us.
:11 But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
:12 Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, and reign over us.
:13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
:14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.
:15 And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

Now I just like this passage!~

The trees want a king, and the littlest of them all, (after being the last considered!) says trust in my shadow or I actually just might possess the ability to destroy you all! What tree could possibly get anything from a bramble? Now I know this is referring to Abimelech, and how he was nothing compared to the nobility and all, but God chose to use trees in his parable, and I like it!

Now what, you may ask, is the topic I am studying? Why, anointing, of course! Considering the fact a king would have it done to him to show his place, and one who is ill would be anointed by a believer to be healed of God, it must be a vital topic. We receive anointing as well - to do the work of Jesus. The anointing of the Holy Spirit. He uses fresh oil and rubs it into the fabric of our soul. Oil that can only be gotten from pressing; in the trials in this life - in the denial of self. Just like the oil that comes from an olive- from the tree that is the symbol of peace.

I hope someone was able to follow all of this thinking. If not, just pray for me! More to come, I am sure!

I also welcome doctrinal guidance, as long as people are nice!

No comments: