Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let me persuade you...

I have heard testimony of unsaved people pouring out blessings on believers.

A missionary friend of mine told us of an amazing "gift" of renting a store front at an unbelievable rate for one of their out reach ventures. The landlord was an unsaved person.

I have been told about another believer going out to a restaurant, and for no good reason the sales clerk gave him the order for no charge. Now he couldn't be sure, but when he gave the clerk a gospel tract in "thanks", he responded as an unbeliever.

As a personal testimony, our unsaved dental staff gifted us with over $60.00 in dental work on my children's teeth right before our trip to Zambia in '06. They just wanted to "help out", and that was what they could do.

You ask anyone in ministry, and most if not all will be able to tell you of times or events where they were physically, situationally, or financially blessed by an unbeliever.

Realize that God has and will use any resource available to him (and you know that is anything he chooses!) to tangibly get to his people what they need. Homes, food, clothing, protection, supplies, and transportation are just a few of the limitless things even unbelievers have been "moved by God" to give into the bosoms of his faithful followers.

Now the real point I would like to make. Ask those same people if they were ever brought before the throne of God by an unbeliever.

I am challenging you to do what no one but fellow saints will do. To do what only the righteous through Christ's blood can do.

Pray. Intercede. Learn of the needs of God's people, and lay those needs and burdens at the cross, at the foot of the throne of the Holy and Eternal God and Creator of all that is.

When a missionary comes to your church or home making the simple plea for you to pray, take them seriously. They know you, the fellow believers, are the only ones that can do what is most needed. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Partner with those on the front lines in the most effective and productive way you as a fellow servant can.

PRAY!

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course,
and be glorified, even as it is with you:

And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
2Thessalonians 3:1-3

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God
to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2Corinthians 10:3-5

3 comments:

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

Amen!

Mr. Young said...

God has shown me how He has used unbelievers to bless me again when I was in NYC. I was passing out tracts and FREEZING so that I could hardly grab tracts. Some huge guy in a tank top walked over and after a few words asked me if he could get me a coffee. I was willing at that point to lose $2, but he was offering to buy me coffee. He came back about 15 min. later with a hot cup of java that warm my hands up enough to keep passing out tracts. Praise God, it was such a blessing.

Kevin P said...

And I myself am persuaded of you (Rom 15:14).