Friday, April 18, 2008

I AM ...


When Brother Tag was preaching in our missions conference, he brought out a great point from the book of Exodus when Moses was arguing conversing with God.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

This statement is in response to Moses' question..."Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?"

The point was made that the first part of the answer was not for the Israelites, it was for Moses! In his even asking the question in the first place he was declaring that he didn't really know who God was! And if he did know who He was... even more amazing is that he had the nerve, the boldness... even the audacity to still ask "So who are you again? Just remind me..."!

Wow! That really made me stop and think...

What in my life am I essentially asking God, "So who are you again? Just remind me!"

Are there times I doubt the word of God? Do I live like I have victory over sin? Am I obeying God's commands? Am I purposefully seeking and meditating on God?

Talk about perspective, and how those Old Testament stories are more than applicable in this day and age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBG6gpkZOU