Thursday, October 18, 2007

Things I am thankful for when I am sick

Unusual title, I realize, but I am so seldom really sick, that I notice some major things stand out.

1. My children are very good in the kitchen. The place looks just like it always does. No bombs went off, science experiments gone awry, nothing.

2. My family is close, and doesn't mind taking a child now and again. Especially the one that talks. A lot. All day long. 'Nough said.

3. Make-up applied well can look OK the second day.

4. Straight hair, the second day, and the third for that matter, looks OK too. Just don't sniff. No problem for me. I can hardly breathe.

5. My hubby is coming home tonight, and he really won't mind that everything is not perfectly cleaned up. Or that there is no food in the house. (The kids are very good in the kitchen!)

6. Tissues are much softer these days.

7. I can sleep through "Barbie Princess-topia" several times, and S. is OK with that. She is just glad I am sitting with her on the couch!

8. Mostly, I am thankful that I don't get sick too often. This really is no fun.

Blue skies a comin', I can see 'em on the horizon!

No comments: