Saturday, October 6, 2007

Holiday Recipe Exchange

I found a recipe exchange I will do! I am not comfortable with the "e-mail to 8 friends, delete the first name, add yours on the bottom..." Ugh! But this one is great! A new blog friend, Overwhelmed with Joy, started this last year, and you should go look at the entries! Over 200 recipes!

So here goes! My entry.

I wanted to WOW you all with a beautiful picture, but alas, all cameras in this home are kaput. I know, we live in Kodak country... but they aren't handing out any free ones lately!

...and please realize this is a holiday recipe, so any ideas about it being low fat, low carb or even a little calorie conscious are dreams!

Sweet Potato Casserole...
( that really should go on the Dessert Table!) DELICIOUS!

Base:
2 Large cans sweet potatos OR
4 large fresh, peeled, chopped, and softened (I prefer fresh)
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t salt
1/2 c. evaporated milk

Combine all ingredients, and put into a 9x13 pan.

Topping:
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour

combine all ingredients- will be crumbly. Put over base, and bake @ 350 for 35-40 minutes.

As I said, my family eats this for dessert- nothing like it warm with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream! ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*drools* This sounds sooo yummy! Who cares about calories??? Not me!