Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 21 Came and Went...

... and I was struck with this thought, it never once occurred to me that it was the first day of Spring! And then in reading Proverbs 22 today, I read verse 2. “The rich and the poor meet together: the Lord is the maker of them all.”
I know it is a stretch, but it made me realize that God is good to us all, wise and foolish, rich and poor, and some things he gives freely whether he is acknowledged or not. 
There are people all over this world that wake up with evil spirits, thoughts and intentions, and yet it is God that gives them life and breath. People every day get good jobs and never thank God for the intelligence he has given them. People have children, buy houses, eat food... HAVE A PULSE!... and never once give even a blip of thought to God, let alone THANK HIM for these gifts! 
Then there are others who wake up with grateful hearts and a burning desire to follow God, and they are riddled with cancer and cannot even get out of their bed for the pain and exhaustion. We all know people who are suffering with illness, job loss, car problems and really big struggles, who are trying to follow God. It seems like there is an imbalance, an unfairness in it all, but verse 2 tells me it is God who made them all.  
It is not up to me to decide who gets what- either blessing or apparent trial. God is over all, and I have to KNOW to the core of my being that God Loves his children! II Corinthians 8: 8 “...and to prove the sincerity of your love.:” and 11 “Now therefore perform the doing of it; ...” What is it if I say I love God, and then complain if I have trials? Do I only love if it is easy? Do I believe that God loves me with a perfect love, and anything I go through is a direct action of that towards me? It certainly makes the things I go through much easier to bare keeping that in the forefront of my mind. 
Life is not easy, but every day I am learning more and more of what The Lord means when he said, “Take my yoke upon you, and LEARN of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matt 11:29-30. 

sig 2

No comments: