Monday, January 31, 2011

Top 10 things...

When we travel... wait a minute, let me clarify that. When we are actually driving on the road and not ministering to tow truck drivers and other heavy equipment operators, we like to listen to messages by many varied preachers and teachers. We have our favorite "traveling pastors", many of which we have never met. I have been listening to a series by Beth Moore called "Wise Up", which is a study of Proverbs on 12 different different topics. One topic was "How wisdom looks on a wife". There was one part where she did a top 10 list of why she loves her husband, and their marriage, and I absolutely loved it. I have wanted to make my own top ten list, and have had a more than a few opportunities to write and re-write it! I will likely have a few similar to her as there are truly some universal things that make a good marriage, but for the most part this list will be unique to us.


The top 10 things I love about my marriage and my husband.


10. He will gladly watch a chic-flick with me. And likely enjoy it as much as I will.

9. He is finally getting a receding hair line. I know it sounds crazy, but I always hoped he would go bald.

8. He is one of the most empathetic people I know.

7. He is my biggest fan.

6. His feet never smell. Ever. Now that is saying something.

5. I love that he regularly engages each of our children in conversation. Not just surface stuff either. Real, deep, and meaningful.

4. I love that he is neater than I am.

3. I love knowing that if we had to do it all over again, we would both still choose each other.

2. I love that he and I share love for our five children like no one else will.

1. I love Dan Jalowiec.
sig 2

No comments: