Thursday, August 30, 2007

I am so Computer Challenged!

Quite a while ago we had a very computer savvy friend help us re-organize our hard drive. Our oldest child, bless her heart, wanted to spare me the trouble of her stuff being mixed with ours and created her own little user account...!!! Well, not happening yet, I'll tell you!

But...

Ever since then, I have had memories of amazing things that I simply cannot find any longer. Now I know they exist! They really do!!! When I have had a mental burst of recollection, I remember a portion of the name and my little 5+ year old memory challenged PC finds it for me!! The only problem is... my most recent "wanna find" is an adorable video file of my not-quite-3-yr.-old S. singing all of her most "favoritest Sunnay Kool Sawns" ( "favorite Sunday School Songs". I realize my two three faithful readers knew that, but you never know! I might pick up a stray!) It is 6 precious minutes of her little voice singing, and I simply want to e-mail it to her little friend! ( I actually flirted with you-tube and a blog post...) I can find it on real player! It is still there!!! But I cannot find the file list anywhere, so no "upload attatchment" option for me!

So sadly enough, I cannot do what I would like to do. I do have a CD burner which might have done the job for me long, long ago. It has since turned up its mega- byted out heels, too. Well, another day, perhaps!!!

Off to google "extract real player files"...

5 comments:

Susan D'Ambrosio said...

Great job Jan on your posts!!! I also watched the Momsense video, and think I understood about all of the words (she was speaking my language).

Have a great day, and keep on keeping on for Jesus!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I would first like thank you for acknowleding you have three faithful readers. :-)

I absolutely love your blog and love hearing how the Lord is preparing you and your family for Africa. You are a family united to do great things for the Glory of God! Post your heart out! :-)

Janice said...

I feel so loved! Thank you friends!

Michael & Erika Barone said...

You could get a Mac and all these troubles would be over. : )

Janice said...

Well 'Chael, I have a Mac on the top of my prayer list, but being a poor missionary family, I always find other more pressing needs for any extra funds I may have. Like feeding poor, starving children... IN SPENCERPORT!