Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh the Joys...

Some people struggle with letting go of the familiar, comfortable, and "I am so used to it" way of life. I am not one of those people!

Great friends and family alike bemoan the advancing years of their children... I celebrate each birthday with joyful expectation of what new responsibility can I give them to lighten my load help them mature into responsible young people.

I know people who have not changed the arrangement of their living room furniture. Ever. Now, I understand some homes and larger pieces do present a challenge. But "press on!" I say. There is no room too small or sofa too large that a little creative shoving cannot give you a new and fresh look. Even if only for a few days.

I guess I am a self declared liker of change. If that is grammatically correct or not, I do not know. (Neither do I care!) All this is to preface ... There are Big Changes Ahead in my future!

First... DAN HAS FINISHED HIS THESIS! Thank You, Thank You THANK YOU Grandma Jane for all of your painstaking proof reading and MS Word tutoring! What an unselfish gift of love and time and expertise you have given. I might add you may have just spared our marriage! I now add "extensive time together on a computer" to the list of things we CANNOT do in the better interest of not expediting the whole "til death do us part" portion of our vows! Surprisingly, there is (to date!) only one other thing on the list. Wall papering. I am sure you understand!

And by the way, just in case you were wondering, the pages numbered 108. So sorry Dr. B!

Second... NSBI Graduation is TWO WEEKS AWAY!!! I wish that meant we would have time home every night with not a whole lot to do... alas what it means is the "back burner" list might actually see the light of day! We might even have company over!

Here is the notice that K8 2Mia made for us to send to his family and other co-workers etc.


Isn't she talented?! It looks Gr8! Consider this your formal invitation to come of you would like! There are 5 graduates and a guest preacher for the sermon. If nothing else, you can see my cutie pie hubby in a cap and gown! :) I know it will be a great evening.

"Onward Ho" to the next leg of the journey!

No comments: