Sunday, July 20, 2008

So what is silent mode, really?

I am not easily distracted as a rule. I have a houseful of over active children and can tune in to my favorite blog or show with relative ease, or tune out alot of random ticking-talking-tapping as the need arises. But sometimes, there are some things that are just so annoying that they cannot be ignored.

Am I the only one who can hear a vibrating phone?

Like in church, when the owner so carefully made sure it was in "silent" mode (thank you!), but has it in a belt holster towards the back of their waist and it ever so regularly goes off and the little shivers travel the entire length of the row of chairs. I am not so sure if I can hear it or feel it, so that is my wonder if I may be the only one bothered. I know others must be aware of it, but perhaps they are able to tune it out and my ability to avert distraction does not cross over into this realm of annoyances. I know it doesn't bother me any where else. Only in church. Perhaps it is a device of the wicked one. I don't know.

I do know that I will be driven mad by the sound of a rattling tie down strap on the car. The outside of the car, that is. This is especially fun because it is not noticed until the car reaches max speed, which is usually on the highway. Not always the easiest-not to mention safest- place for me to insist that my hubby stop the car and FIND.IT.NOW and take care of it. I usually manage to guise my need in the cloak of "I think that strap end has a metal tab on it and it really should be secured down because it might whack incessantly in a really bad spot which might do quite a number on the paint job", which is true, but absolutely not my motive. That falls under the category of recognizing the differences in myself and my husband. While we both want the same thing done, it is usually prompted and driven from very different things.

By the way we are going camping next week, so I am sure the previous paragraph was a result of some inner knowledge that this will likely happen very soon!

And I am safe to say that I should not post late in the night. These ramblings are best for my own little mind! Perhaps you would like to add my hubby to your prayer list?!

3 comments:

JulieMom said...

I don't like any kind of repetitive noise. Especially ones like this:

"Mommy, Mommy, Mama, Mom, M-o-o-o-m,"

Know what I mean?

Christina said...

Funny, when I sat next to you in institute class your phone was usually the one buzzing in your purse!!!! :-D

Christina said...

hey I love your bog its so cute!!! If you could only hear our house! we have 5 cel phones;-)