Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Multitasking God

This is something I know I have been guilty of and the Lord has really spoken to me about it. There are so many things that vie for attention, and doing more than one thing at a time is essential... for most things.

I often, even especially while in a camper, do many things at once. School the kids, clean the kitchen, and carry on a full phone conversation are three tasks that are almost synonymous for many home schooling moms! When appliances are available- whoa! the accomplishments are even greater!

I have often given credit to a really amazing prayer life because I do it "all the time". My heart is really tuned into the Lord through my day, and I often pray in the moment.
While doing the dishes. And driving. While folding laundry. And schooling the kids. (Mostly while schooling the kids!!) And... And... And...

But are they the only times I pray, and if so... are they really quality times?

If the only times I talked with my husband I was also texting, driving, cleaning, just doing something else too, would that bother him?? OH YES!!

SO why do I think God doesn't mind? Does every time I pray fall into a multitasking category? If not, those times spent solely with Christ in prayer... how do they compare timewise to my other relationships... quality one-on-one time?

Not well, I am afraid. This is definitely an area I am working on more and more. I know prayer is essential and truly the only way for me to have a victorious life for Christ. It is the life line to my relationship with Jesus, and therefore the source of power in my walk. What an amazing, long-suffering God I serve!

sig 2

3 comments:

Jeannine said...

Amen...very encouraging!!

Jeannine said...

Amen...very encouraging!!!

JulieMom said...

I second what Jeannine said, even though she already did! :0)