Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Little Prose on The Garden

I have a little garden
behind my little home, 
and I love this little patch of dirt, 
with little plants and seeds we've sown. 
Little squash and wire-y beans, 
a tomato plant or two, 
and when I tend it, I seem to smile, 
though there is a secret I will share with you.
When August comes, and the fruit is ripe, 
bending stick and stem with weight,
we will be gone - not a one will we eat... 
Our planning was not so great.
So when we once again travel the southern route, 
please feel free - if you are anywhere near or far, 
to help yourself to the bountiful harvest, 
Just let us know how they are! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

jen said...

you make me laugh!! Hope you have plenty of people to raid your garden! I did the same thing…planted a bunch of herbs, started some tomatoes & peppers…and then gave them all away last week since they can't make the trip with us!

Victoria said...

I wish I had known - it would have saved me the agony of planting our own garden! Yes, I'm a farmer's wife & I hate to garden. There, I said it. :)