Thursday, January 13, 2011

God's Will ... will be done!

Exodus 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

This is right after the children of Israel made a golden calf and worshipped it as the god that took them out of Egypt. Are you kidding me people? You saw the Lord plunder the Egyptians with 10 plagues... some on all of you, some specific only to the Egyptians, and then one where if you OBEYED the LORD you were completely spared. Each and every plague specifically targeting one of the gods that Egypt worshipped, but now.... because Moses was gone for a few days... you think he and God has abandoned you. Really??

I know the dripping sarcasm is getting your keyboard wet.    Sorry. 


Anyhow it struck me. The Lord had a plan and It Will Be Accomplished. He promised to make a great nation of Israel. He had started this whole world with the voice of his power, he can surely make a great nation of Moses... with or without the people that he was leading out of Israel. God was ready to consume them all and start new.
My application?? He had a plan then... he HAS a plan still!  God will reach this world. With or without me. He has done great and mighty things around me... and for me! I have seen him perform miracles in my life! I have his word that is true and never wavering, and can learn of THE God that created this world and holds all things together. I am HIS CHILD and can with confidence expect him to honor the promises in his word... because HE SAID I CAN! Psalms 62:1-8!!

Do I want in or not? I must obey, and I am in. I must believe, and I am IN!!

What is in?? Remember the old camp song?
"Every promise in the book is mine... every chapter every verse every line... ALL the blessings of His love divine... Every promise in the book is mine! Mine! MiNe! MINE!! Jesus is mine!"
Get IN!!

sig 2

No comments: