Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE Home Schooling Chapter...

I am nearing the end of the New Testament, and this morning's reading was timely... and a bit funny truth be told. It was through 2 Thessalonians and I read the last chapter just as the guys- while "doing" their school- were at a **melt down moment. 

**What that means in my home, (remember there are three boys, ages 16, 15 and 12...) is various forms of physical pain inflicted on one another with any instrument available (pencils are a weapon friends, make no mistake!) interspersed with bodily noises created from any conceivable part of their person. Clucking, chirping, bellowing, squeaking, honking ... the list is endless. Did you know that you can literally make your forearm sing? Do not ask me how, but it is possible. I think it involves spit. But that is just a guess.

Anyhow... this was occurring when I was reading chapter 3. If you can notice verses 7, 11, 12, 13, 14... well read the whole chapter! It was timely, comical, and well taken! I kept reading aloud various verses... they of course had comments to make. It didn't have quite the effect I was expecting. Penitent and contrite was what I was going for. 

They just kept laughing. 

And punching. 

And "singing"... 

I don't know, but it could have been the manner in which the message was delivered.  I was less than authoritative. BUT... the word of the Lord will not return void. They did get the message to be sure! It is not quite lunch time, and they are almost done. 

Sort of. 

I am done to be sure! 
Photobucket

No comments: